Hot Air Balloon Pilots - vacancies June 2017
Hot Air Balloon Pilots - Class 2 - Fly in Queensland, Australia
Hot Air is expanding our operations in Brisbane/ Gold Coast and in Cairns, Australia and require two hot air balloon pilots with minimum "300,000 cu ft or bigger" balloon experience.
Our reliable locations mean we fly visitors from over 20 countries a year and fly at dawn all year round. As a Tourism Award winner our combination of great pilots, excellent office team and highly organized Operations team shows up consistently in reviews all over the world, on why our passengers think our fun team spirit is as much a highlight of their morning, as their balloon flight.
The weather here is very temperate all year and we take-off 45km inland in protected hinterland areas. Operating for 20 years, Hot Air is a highly systemized and smooth, efficient, long established balloon business of the highest standards, very popular with Australians and international visitors. So join us and be a part of our progressive and friendly flying team,(average length of our pilot employment is 9 years). For experienced balloon pilot applicants we offer:
- Full time, salaried role, 4 days a week negotiable
- 4 weeks paid holidays annually
- 9.5% Superannuation/Retirement contribution additional
- Above Industry salary, negotiable based on your experience
- Fully provided daily; breakfast, parking, uniforms & training
- Two locations - Cairns on the Great Barrier Reef or the state capital, Brisbane/Gold Coast
- 4 Year Australian 457 Visa Option for Pilot and Family
- Potential to move to a Permanent Residence Visa after successful period on the 457 Visa
WHERE WE LIVE & FLY
Cairns is a thriving tropical regional tourist town of 150,000 locals, on the Great Barrier Reef, with an excellent lifestyle, enjoy the beach, fishing, golf, sailing, a wide range of sports as well as the hundreds of international restaurants, everything is just a short easy drive here. Winter temperatures are 25 degree Celsius days to 12 degree Celsius nights, summer is 30 degrees to 18.
Brisbane/Gold Coast is the state capital and also Australia's favourite holiday spot, with surfing, lots of beaches & theme parks. It is subtropical with winter days averaging 20 °C (68 °F), a population of almost 3 million, spread over 60km. The city CBD is only a 50km drive from the hinterland, where we fly. There is a wide choice of where to live; on the coast by the big sandy beaches or near the city with all the hipster qualities anyone would ever want or in the quiet smaller rural areas, which are half way between.
For successful International applicants, Hot Air will look to arrange Immigration sponsorship of a 4 Year Australian 457 Visa, with your family. This class of Visa has the further option after a successful period, for conversion to a permanent Visa with Australian permanent residence. Pilots must have minimum "300,000 cu ft or bigger" balloons flight history.
- minimum 250 hours of commercial flight experience with balloons of 300,000 cu ft and up
- English Language skills essential (English required at a high level and CASA test needs to be passed in this regard) Additional languages very welcome especially French German or Spanish, Japanese or Mandarin
- Balloon maintenance experience
Experienced pilots are invited to contact us with any queries and apply with resume to [email protected] and will be assessed by our Chief Pilot.
In all instances, please contact us ONLY through email.
Please note that we cannot respond to messages via social media platforms.
All contact will be in the strictest of confidence and a detailed resume with your experience and references is a distinct advantage.
Join us and come fly in tropical Queensland, Australia.
To Discuss or Apply - h[email protected]