Cairns Hot Air Balloon and Skyrail and Kuranda Rail combo
- Spectacular Hot Air Balloon ride
- Friendly coach pickup & Return Transfer
- Kuranda Scenic Rail Train Ride
- Free time to explore Kuranda Village
- Wander historic Kuranda Markets
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
Pick-up at your accommodation by a Hot Air coach for your special Cairns tour package, there's a one hour transfer through the Kuranda rainforest. Pickup times are confirmed on booking.
Experience the fun & unique sensation of a hot air balloon ride over the North Queensland, Australia. Every day we take off from a different location, all dependent on the breeze, we fly on the Atherton Tablelands, west of Cairns. Enjoy the picturesque landscape at sunrise. Breathe in the wide-open spaces! We have Australia's largest fleet of balloons and a fun and highly trained crew to maximise the fun of your morning. It's just like a balloon festival every day!
Return and Landing, Hot Air Balloon pack-up games and lots of laughs.
Arrive at the Skyrail terminal after your morning's Hot Air Balloon flight. Your driver will provide you with a voucher which will confirm the time you are booked to depart on the Skyrail and train. These times can be changed if available upon checking in.
Check in with the Skyrail ticketing office who will advise you when you are to board the Skyrail. Depending on how the morning is flowing with the Skyrail, you may be asked to join the queue straight away otherwise take a load off for a little while or take a walk to use the facilities around the terminal while you wait for your departure time.
Board your Skyrail and marvel at the many different shades of beautiful green in the Rainforest and spectacular views of Cairns going up and over the Kuranda range. It will take approximately 1 1/2 hours to get from the Smithfield Terminal to Kuranda. There are some exciting stops along the way as you change carriages. Make sure you take the time to take a walk along the Rainforest boardwalk or take a look at the interesting interpretive centre. Guided ranger talks are also available, please check with Skyrail for the timings.
At the Kuranda Skyrail Terminal you will be able to get information about the town and what is on and available. There are some refreshments and souvenirs available for purchase as well.
Take a look around the small town of Kuranda. You will be able to cover most things in your time there. Take note of your Train departure time and if you wish to depart on the later Train at 3.30pm, you can change this with Hot Air or at the Skyrail station on the day (subject to availability).
Explore the small town town of Kuranda. There are local markets daily where you can find souvenirs, artworks and artifacts. There are also cafes and restaurants for something to eat and drink. Depending on the Train departure you choose there are lots of additional activities such as The Butterfly Sanctuary, Australian Venom Zoo and Kuranda Riverboat Tours and much more.
In the afternoon check in for you train ride on the Kuranda Scenic Railway with plenty of time as the train will leave on time. Travel on the historic mining railway line down the ruggard Macalister range. First you will stop to see the dramatic Barron falls to get off and take photos. You will then trek down the winding mountain through many tunnels, witnessing panoramic views and waterfalls along the way. The train has an overhead audio playing throughout the journey pointing out places of interest and the amazing history of how the railway was built. This really is one of the most scenic train journeys in the world. in total this will take about 1.5 hours.
You have the option to catch the train to the Freshwater station with a bus transfer back to your city accommodation or stay on the train and catch it all the way to Cairns Central Station in the heart of the city. please advise Hot Air of your preference or Skyrail when you check in on the day.
C30TSC, return back to Cairns central station.
Before you book there are some options to consider for this package for both the Skyrail and Train Departures. You have the option to upgrade your Skyrail to the Diamond View for an additional $22 per person. This will mean you will have a window to see through on the bottom of your Skyrail cart giving you the best views of the Rainforest. Another consideration is the train departure time from Kuranda. We have a departure at 2pm or if you wish to take a little bit longer exploring the attractions of Kuranda the later time at 3:30pm. Also on request is the upgrade to Gold Class for the train ride. For $50 you can sit in 1st class and experience silver dining and refreshments. All upgrades must be pre arranged prior to departure with Hot Air or on the morning when checking in at the Skyrail and are subject to availability
**This package is not available for sale by Travel agents and is only available on this website**
- Free door to door airconditioned coach transfers to most Cairns accommodation, including Holiday Houses, Apartments, Resorts and Hotels (Transfer Details here)
- Spectacular 30 minute Hot Air balloon ride
- Expert interpretive commentary
- Cross Country Hot Air Balloon Chase
- Hot Air Balloon Ride Commemorative Certificate
- Kuranda Scenic Rail Train Ride
- Free time to explore Kuranda Village and the Kuranda Markets
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Your ticket
- Walking shoes
- Dress casual outdoor layered clothing. White clothing not recommended.
- Peak Hat & sunglasses
- Bottle of water
- Spending money
- 1st~12th February 2019, peak period surcharge applies for $30.00 per person.
- Prices are valid for travel until 31st March 2019. Conditions of Travel.
- For Passengers with Weight or Mobility or Pregnancy queries - please phone us to discuss before booking online.
- Prices are $AUD per person.
- All times are an INDICATION only. Please note that times do change summer/winter/spring, exact start times given on receipt of your full booking details
- 100% charge applies if passengers fail to fly on the morning booked. 24 hours notice is required for changes. Re-booking is subject to availability and possible at a fee, please ask us.