Gold Coast Ballooning and Southern Cross 4WD Full Day Rainforest and Wildlife Tour
- Ballooning & Full Breakfast
- Full commentary
- Guided Rainforest Walk
- 4wding on tracks
- Boomerang throwing
- O’Reilly’s Treetop Canopy Walk
- Lamington National Park
- Wild Bird Feeding
- Local arts and crafts
- Morning Tea and Lunch
Air conditioned coach transfers from The Spit to Broadbeach or join us at one of our convenient Meeting Points. Our team of pilots are Australia's most experienced with the record for most reliable balloon ride take-offs in the southern hemisphere. Our team recommend driving west, to the Gold Coast Hinterland, where balloon take-offs are at their optimum. Your confirmed Pickup/Meeting time will be issued as soon as you Reserve your booking (Time varies seasonally and with your location).
Always a surprise, always an impressive sight. Arrive at the launch site, to see the amazing hot air balloon inflation display. Did you know, our Hot Air balloons stand taller than a ten storey building?
Hop on-board to experience the fun & unique sensation of your first hot air balloon ride, floating gently above the spectacular Gold Coast Hinterland, in Queensland, Australia.
So much to see, but often it's the sensation of floating silently over this picturesque landscape at sunrise for your 30 minute hot air balloon flight, that really makes this such a special time. Breathe in the wide-open spaces and be amazed at the colourful spectacle of our other balloons in the morning sky.
Our team of pilots, expert, knowledgeable and great guys are guiding your balloon & have some amazing facts to share with you about your hot air balloon ride this morning. Experience the joys of this historic form of flight. Your balloon crew driver is ready and waiting to answer all your questions and have a bit of fun. We're pleased to say, our team are fun and highly trained crew, well practiced in maximising the enjoyment to be had, on your first hot air balloon ride. After landing, of course there are some hot air balloon pack-up games and lots of laughs.
Come down to earth and it's a short drive to O'Reilly's Grand Homestead & Boutique Vineyard.
Our breakfast is a real highlight! We have exclusive access to O'Reillys Canungra Valley Vineyard - take a sneak peak at our virtual tour.
Relax in the historic surroundings with a glass of champagne to toast your morning. A full freshly cooked breakfast, pastries, fresh juices, eggs & bacon, cereals & fruit is all yours as you relax in the serenity of the vineyard on the verandah of this picturesque grand Queenslander.
Air conditioned coach transfers to your accommodation.
Stay onboard our air conditioned coach for a drop off to your Theme Park of Choice - Free! Same day after ballooning with Hot Air - either Movieworld, Dreamworld, Seaworld or WetnWild. Please advise us when you book online, which Theme Park drop you require.
SOUTHERN CROSS 4WD - SEPERATE DAY - FULL DAY TOUR OF MT TAMBORINE AND LAMINGTON NATIONAL PARKS INCLUDING O'REILLY'S TREETOP WALK
Your “Rainforest and Wildlife” Tour begins on the Gold Coast. Pick is included from most Gold Coast Hotels and Apartments. (pick up time advised upon booking)
A short distance beyond the beaches another paradise awaits, Nature’s Paradise, the World Heritage Listed Rainforests of Lamington National Park. The trek into the Hinterland region follows the original pioneer’s track to the volcanic plateau of Tamborine Mountain. This area of secluded eucalyptus forests provides a private sanctuary for koala, wallabies and other varied wildlife. A break for morning tea and chance to check out Gallery Walk on the
Mountain. Delicious fresh scones, served with jams, cream, tea and coffee.
Time to stretch the legs when guides, who are renowned for their local knowledge and expertise, escort you on a leisurely bush walk. Discover lush subtropical rainforests with cascading waterfalls, learn about the forests unique characteristics, how the Aboriginal people gathered food from the forest floor and the animals and birds that call the area home.
Tucked away in the beautiful Sarabah Valley is our private lunch venue “Spring Gully”. With all the appeal of ‘The outback” yet only a stone’s throw from the Gold Coast, This 400 acre property provides the ideal venue for a delicious BBQ lunch with all the trimmings and unique to our Gold Coast tour. Mouth-watering beefsteaks, chicken, fish or vegetaria accompanied by crisp salads and fresh fruit. Includes soft drink, juice beer and wine. On a hot summer’s day, nearby cool waters and rock pools provide the opportunity for a refreshing swim so it is recommended that guests bring their swimsuits.
Following lunch, the tour continues on into the mountainous regions of Lamington National Park (Australia’s largest preserved natural stand of subtropical rainforest). At O’Reilly’s Plateau, some 3,000 feet above sea level, colourful native birds flock around and can be fed. The Treetop Boardwalk through the rainforest canopy offers a bird’s eye view of this enchanting area, especially for those who climb the observation tower.
Leaving O’Reilly’s we take in the magnificent view of mountains and valleys with a 300 degree view from the Gold Coast to Brisbane and around to the great Dividing Range. On the return journey to the Gold Coast, sightings of kangaroos and the pretty faced wallabies is common as they emerge from their bush retreats to feed on the lush grass in the cooler part of the day.
Return Modern, Luxury 4WD vehicles
Hot Air Ballooning:
- Air conditioned coach transfers to Balloon Launch
- Free Hotel Pickups/Meeting Point Maps
- Spectacular 30 minute Hot Air Balloon ride
- Full Hot Breakfast & Champagne
- Access to O'Reilly's Grand Homestead & Vineyard
- Expert interpretive commentary
- Hot Air Balloon Ride Commemorative Certificate
- Return Air Conditioned Coach Transfer: Hotel /Meeting Place/Shopping Centre/Theme Park (Maps and details here)
Southern Cross 4WD Full Day Tour HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDED (Separate Day):
- Hotel pick up and return
- Full commentary both in the vehicle and on all walks
- Morning Tea on Tamborine Mountain included, freshly baked scones with jam and cream, tea & coffee
- Wine Tasting included
- Time in Gallery walk for local arts and crafts
- Guided Rainforest Walk to Curtis Falls on Tamborine
- 4wding on tracks with Gold Coast Views.
- BBQ Lunch included at Private 400 acre Cattle property, Choice of Beef, Chicken, Fish, or Veg, Range of salads, fruit, Beer, Wine and Juice
- Swimming at Private venue during summer months
- Boomerang throwing lessons
- All National Parks permits included
- Guided Walk at O’Reilly’s Treetop Canopy Walk
- Visit Lamington National Park
- Wild Bird Feeding, Australian King Parrots and Rainbow Lorikeets. Feeding fee included.
- Your ticket
- Comfortable Walking shoes
- Dress casual outdoor layered clothing. White clothing not recommended.
- Peak Hat & sunglasses
- Bottle of water
- Prices are valid for travel until 31st March 2020. Conditions of Travel.
- For Passengers with Weight or Mobility or Pregnancy queries - please phone us to discuss before booking online.
- Prices are $AUD per person.
- All times are an INDICATION only. Please note that times do change summer/winter/spring, exact start times given on receipt of your full booking details
- 100% charge applies if passengers fail to fly on the morning booked. 24 hours notice is required for changes. Re-booking is subject to availability and possible
ata fee, please ask us.